Hello there, I’m Amber.
Systems Thinker | Innovator | Catalyst for Change
I’m a Wichita, Kansas native who, like many in this city, moved to Lawrence in 1999 to attend the University of Kansas. I have my Masters in Public Administration and Health Education.
Currently, I work in Public Health and Policy. My work includes regulatory research, legislative review, and developing public health policy centered on enhancing the lives of women, children, and families in our state.
I have the skills for the job.
- Strategic Planning: Experience in group facilitation to determine program goals and objectives for organizations.
- Transparency: Identify and communicate process and tool improvements to make operations more efficient.
- Partnership Engagement: Developed successful community coalitions with local officials, citizens and nonprofit entities.
- Data Analysis: Evaluated program effectiveness and creation of program improvement processes.
Boards and Commissions
- Human Relations Commission Commissioner (2020-Present)
- League of Women Voters Member (2017-Present)
- Oral Health Kansas Board Member (2013-2019)
- Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. Member (2000-Present)
- National Social Action Committee
- National Legislative Committee